Director of Resident Services
Supervised By: President / CEO
Department: Resident Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for administrative and professional work in the development and delivery of social services to Palatka Housing Authority public housing residents. The resident initiatives coordinator is responsible for coordinating with public housing staff in the development and implementation of social service and self-sufficiency programs for the Authority residents dealing with health, education, employment, economically self-sufficient, homeownership, recreation and problem solving to overcome economic barriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Duties require thorough familiarity with local, state and federal agencies engaged in the delivery of social services as well as applicable rules and regulations of the Authority and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or similar agencies.
- Directs and coordinates a variety of crime prevention and related resident involvement programs.
- Coordinates the involvement of residents, management, police, social and human service agencies to improve the security and safety of public housing developments.
- Coordinates activities of staff in providing services to assist residents with problems.
- Reviews case records and evaluates performance of staff members and recommends indicated action.
- Participates in developing and implementing agency resident services.
- Reviews and evaluates facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
- Recommends policies and defines scope of services to be rendered within guidelines for agency.
- Develop and support resident advisory councils at each PHA community and develop a city wide resident advisory council
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in community toward meeting community needs and services.
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains variety of reports.
Writing/Management of grants associated with the development of required or desired programs.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology, education, business administration or a related field or experience. Requires a minimum of two (2) years of previous related experience. Requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record. Employment offer is contingent upon background clearance and drug testing.
Position ID 1940
Position Title Director of Resident Services
Application Deadline 08/24/2023
Salary Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Position Major Category Position Posting
Position Location Palatka, FL
PHA Contact Information
Name Garvin, Kizmet
Phone Number (386) 329-0132, ext. 211
Best Method of Contact EMAIL