November 8, 2022, 1:20 PM Update
Putnam County along the St Johns River is now under a Storm Surge Warning.
Putnam County is now under a Tropical Storm Watch.
Putnam County expectations:
- Strong NE winds ahead
- River surge
- If the center stays to our west, 1-3' of surge
- If it goes to our east, a higher surge possible
- Power outages, mobile home damages, trees down
- Gusty conditions today and tomorrow, worsening into overnight Wednesday
- Shelters are opening at 6 pm Wednesday night
- Browning Pearce Elementary School
- Middleton Burney Elementary School
- Kelley Smith Elementary School
- Ochwilla Elementary School
- Schools will be closed on Thursday
- Recommended Zone F
- Skeleton crew starting 8 am Wednesday
- Full activation at 6 pm Wednesday
- Call center opens at 8 am tomorrow morning
- County and city offices closing 5 pm Wed
- City comm meeting Monday tentative
Most of the winds for this system exist from the NW to the East side of the storm.
The three county sandbag sites will be open at 10 am with inmate crews.
- Chesser Sand Pit, 145 West Washington, Hawthorne
- East Palatka Community Park, 223 Putnam County Blvd, East Palatka
- Huntington Landfill, 1551 County Rd 308, Crescent City
An additional three sandbag sites will be set up and operating as self-serve.
- Palmetto Bluff Boat Ramp, 126 Boat Ramp Rd, Bostwick
- Station 19: Riverside Fire Department, 101 Gail Dr, Satsuma
- 51 Sportsmans Dr, Welaka