Maintenance Grounds Keeper (Laborer)
PALATKA HOUSING AUTHORITY
Supervised By: Director of Maintenance
Position Title: Maintenance Grounds Keeper (Laborer)
Keeps premises of office buildings, rental units, and other housing authority facilities in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for cleaning vacant rental units and readying units for occupancy within given time constraints.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble counter tops, and trim.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment. Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills. Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Cuts and trims grass, and otherwise maintains grounds.
- Cuts lawns. Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, driveways and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Cleans grass clippings and leaves from walks and driveways.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs. Waters lawn and shrubs.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks. Paints fences and outbuildings.
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides. Rakes and bags or otherwise disposes of leaves and other yard waste.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Delivers messages. Transports small equipment or tools between departments and/or work sites. Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower, spreader, and snow removal equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be insurable by the housing authority's insurance carrier.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current, valid Florida driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position ID 1942
Position Title Maintenance Grounds Keeper (Laborer)
Application Deadline 08/24/2023
Position Major Category Position Posting
Position Location Palatka, FL
PHA Contact Information
Name Garvin, Kizmet
Phone Number (386) 329-0132, ext. 211
Best Method of Contact EMAIL